Re: Squeeze update hplip

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 03:40:12 +0200, Mark Panen wrote:

> My HP multi function printer prints fine but xsane opens with an error
> "no devices found"

Brand and model of your multifunction device?

Also, ensure your user in on "lp" group (run "groups").

> hplip 3.10.6-2+squeeze1 is installed, i need 3.11

Why you need version 3.11 specifcally? :-?

> How can i get the 3.11 package, tried wheezy sources but dependency
> nightmare.
>
> Nothing in backports.
>
> Afraid to try HP's way on there web site as i have already installed
> cups etc.

There are detailed instructions here:

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/install/manual/distros/debian.html

A manual install should not interefere with your CUPS package but before
installing something outside Debian repos, consider if you really (I mean
*really*) need it :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón