Re: PS2 Keyboard not working after latest update

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 10:32:17AM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 02:20:25PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 09:43:56AM +0100, James Allsopp wrote:
> > > Tried both of those but nothing. I have a theory that it might be a Udev
> > > problem, but can't be certain. Does anyone have any ideas why a problem
> > > like that might arise?
> >
> > Yes, if something removes the udev state in /dev/.udev (or /run/udev
> > on wheezy or sid) then the input device autodetection won't work
> > when X starts up.
> >
> > If you have a USB (NOT PS/2) keyboard/mouse, try unplugging and then
> > plug back in--hotplugging should result in autodetection of the new
> > input devices.
>
> He's running stable, Roger. Does the above still apply?

The current bug in testing/unstable won't apply.  The more general
point about udev state could potentially apply if something was to
remove files from /dev/.udev (or mount something over /dev, or
umount /dev).  I just mentioned the testing/unstable bug in case
there was a mistake about it being stable, since this has been
reported quite a few times over the last month.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh