Re: Fwd: i386 testing: java not recognizing its libraries and libreoffice and okular not launching

On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 17:11:38 +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:

> In addition, I have now noticed that even okular does not start anymore
> after that infamous apt-get update/upgrade with i386 testing:
>
> francesco@deb32:~$ okular
> okular(3765): you need to call Settings::instance before using KCrash:
> Application 'okular' crashing...

(...)

Hints:

- Try from a clean profile (a new created user account).

- Did you restart the system after the update? This can sound weird in
linux but I find it helps a lot when using the big desktops (like KDE4 or
GNOME3) to "power-cycle" their D-Bus/socket/pipes thingies.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón