Re: dumb scanner question

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 07:51:06PM -0400, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> How does everyone here scan books and magazines into their systems,
> without destroying said magazines/books?
>
> What type of scanners do you use?

Personally, I've never really been too bothered about it, but the
definitive solution appears to be along the lines of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_scanning

Alternatively, look at the unpaper package. It seems quite good at doing
those annoying tasks such as straightening the image, removing the
gradient on the background etc.