Re: What is the status of multiarch?

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 02:28:36PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
In the Spanish mailing list, a user reported a few days ago that he
completely messed up his full wheezy system when he tried to install Wine
in his 64-bits installation. Apparently, the library mix went so bad that
he wanted to completely reinstall wheezy from scratch but this time using
a 32-bits flavour because all the mess.

Well, I don’t have much multiarch stuff installed but it seems that „aptitude safe-upgrade” is broken if part of the upgrades needs „full-upgrade” (e.g. the evolution migration from unstable to testing):

minas-ithil:~# env LANG=C aptitude safe-upgrade
Resolving dependencies…
Unable to resolve dependencies for the upgrade: no solution found.
Unable to safely resolve dependencies, try running with –full-resolver

apt-get is still working as expected. But I’m still not sure when you should use aptitude and when apt-get.

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |