Re: VMBuilder for for squeeze

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 10:27 AM,  <anotst01@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> virt-install can not really install unattended.
> 1. it installs inside a VM, which was the whole point of VMBuilder, that
> his is not neccessary. Ok, overlooking this one...
> 2. It relies on preseed or kickstart. These methods have other glitches,
> removing any advantages of a VMBuilder like approach.

I've never used VMBuilder so I have no idea what advantages it may or
may not have v/s virt-install but you can definitely use dirt-install
to perform an unattended install using '--extra-args="..."' to point
to a pressed file - and there are no glitches. If you do run in to
glitches you should file a bug report.