Re: Warning/error messages

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 08:11:14 -0400, brian wrote:

> On 07/01/2012 05:35 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:16:23 -0400, brian wrote:
>>
>>> I'm getting an occasional error message come up while using my PC. An
>>> example is
>>
>> (...)
>>
>>> Message from syslogd@brian at Jul  1 03:51:12 ... kernel:[
>>> 4686.825066] Call Trace:
>>
>> Better if you upload the full segfault at www.pastebin.com so we can
>> read the complete message. A "call trace" indicates a kernel "oops" but
>> you removed most of the data.
>>

> Do you *really* think I'm going to ask for help then remove some of the
> data?

What makes you think I can know that? Many users cut the messages in the
most interesting part...

> I cut and pasted one group of the data - they all seemed to come in
> "code", "stack" and "call trace" triplets. In all cases, the "stack"
> and the "code trace" contained no additional information, otherwise I
> would have posted that too.

Saying so is sufficient. A "call trace" usually contains more information
but if this is not the case, the first and last messages before/after the
triplet can be related to the problem.

> Short version of the above: I removed *NOTHING*.

An added argument to report it.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón