Re: Warning/error messages

On 07/01/2012 05:35 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:16:23 -0400, brian wrote:

I'm getting an occasional error message come up while using my PC. An
example is

(...)

Message from syslogd@brian at Jul  1 03:51:12 ...
kernel:[ 4686.825066] Call Trace:

Better if you upload the full segfault at www.pastebin.com so we can read
the complete message. A "call trace" indicates a kernel "oops" but you
removed most of the data.

Do you *really* think I'm going to ask for help then remove some of the data? I cut and pasted one group of the data - they all seemed to come in "code", "stack" and "call trace" triplets. In all cases, the "stack" and the "code trace" contained no additional information, otherwise I would have posted that too.

Short version of the above: I removed *NOTHING*.

Brian.