Re: startup script

Hello Tony,

Tony van der Hoff <tony@vanderhoff.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a script (non gui) which I want to run each time I log in. Which
> is the correct way to do this?

Log in on a TTY/console or into a desktop environment? KDE, Xfce and
GNOME all have autostart settings, other non-DE graphical interfaces
usually use .xinitrc to start things automatically.

If you are on a bare shell, try .bashrc or .profile.

Best regards,

Claudius
--
The best thing about being bald is, that, when unexpected company arrives,
all you have to do is straighten your tie.