Re: Kmail2

On Sunday, July 01, 2012 06:25:59 PM Camaleón wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 10:29:24 +1000, Gerald wrote:
> > Hi to all,
>
> Hi, but there's no need to send the same message twice :-)
Sorry, I do not know why that happened.

> > Although I run Debian on my server it does not pick up email.
Debian I use as a server nothing else, data only.
> Can you pick up e-mail locally, from the server itself?
>
> > My workstation is yet another Linux distro,
>
> You mean you are not running Debian from the computer you can't fetch the
> e-mails? If so, what's your OS?
I run 64 bit PCLinuxOS 2012.06 Test 5, but since that has now switched to
kmail2 I am using the 32 bit 2012.02 version of PCLinuxOS to pick up mail.
> > I am trying to set up kmail2 and it will not send or receive any email.
It does appear that kmail2  is giving  some problems
> And you don't receive any message, warning or error from Kmail when
> sending/downloading? That's weird...
I have now tried Fedora 17 and that has the same problem. Although I think I
have set up kmail2 correctly as I would in kmail1. It cannot send or receive
emails.
> How about a different MUA? To discard a problem with the server settings.
In Fedora 17 it gave me an option to use sendmail as the transport, but that
did not do anything either.
> > I was wondering if anyone out in the great blue younder can point me in
> > the right direction for solveing his problem.
Does anyone else, have kmail2 running?
> Not enough data, I'm afraid. I'd run the above tests first.
I just need some pointers.
> Greetings,
Thank you for returning.
Gerald