Kmail2

Hi  to all,
Although I run a debian server it does not pick up emails.
I use another Linux OS for the workstation. (PCLinuxOS 2012.06-64 bit), kmail2
just does not work.
No error messages it just does not send or receive mails.
I appear to have it set up correctly but nothing happens.
It does appear that Kwallet is not there although it is installed, and the
only error ,if you can call it that, is I get a prompt asking for my password,
saying that the previous attempt failed.
Any help in setting up kmail2 gratefully received.
Gerald