Re: EEE-PC (900HD) + NetInst

On Mon 04 Jun 2012 at 02:25:11 +0200, Adnan RIHAN wrote:

> I'm here about Debian (Squeeze) on Asus-EEE.  I was the post on the
> website, which says that some EEE are not supported, and mine don't
> seems to be on any list (900HD).
> I think I have a rtl8180 as WiFi component (dmesg | grep wireless),
> and this driver seems to be supported on many distributions (debian
> based) but not on the netinstall iso.

The rtl8180 module has been in the kernel for a number of years so it
should be on a Squeeze netinst.iso. You do not have to supply firmware
for it. Please see

The installation only uses WEP, however. If WPA is more convenient for
you you will need an iso from the iso-cd section at

For a Squeeze install it is the businesscard.iso you should download.

To put the iso on a USB device there is section 4.3.1. at