Re: Flashpalyer poroblems on Lenny.

On Friday 01 June 2012 17:31:46 Greg Madden wrote:
> On Friday 01 June 2012 8:23:42 am Lisi wrote:
> > I get the following* if I type about:plugins into my Konqueror location
> > bar. I want to get rid of Shockwqave Flash 7, but I simply cannot find a
> > file/folder/application libklashpart.so anywhere, so cannot delete it.
> >
> > Has anyone any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Lisi
> >
> > *
> > Plugin  Description  File  Types
> >   Java Plug-in  Java Plug-in KJAS for Konqueror  kjavaappletviewer.so
> >   application/x-java-applet - Java Applet (class)
> > application/x-java-bean - JavaBeans (jar)
> >   Shockwave Flash  Shockwave Flash 7.0  libklashpart.so
> >   application/x-shockwave-flash - Shockwave Flash (swf)
> > application/futuresplash - FutureSplash Player (spl)
> >   Shockwave Flash  Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102  libflashplayer.so
> >   application/x-shockwave-flash - Shockwave Flash (swf)
> > application/futuresplash - FutureSplash Player (spl)
> >   Shockwave Flash  Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102  flash-mozilla.so
> >   application/x-shockwave-flash - Shockwave Flash (swf)
> > application/futuresplash - FutureSplash Player (spl)
>
> Looks like multiple install/removes? of   flash. The 'update-lternatives'
> program may be confused. You can see what it thinks is going on
> with  'update-alternatives --get-selections'.

Junior:/home/lisi# touch get-selections.txt
Junior:/home/lisi# update-alternatives --get-selections > get-selections.txt
update-alternatives: unknown option `--get-selections'

> Purging flash packages may fix files left behind.
>
> You an use 'locate' to find the flash.xx.so plugin and delete it, this
> prevents Konqueror from using it, and failing on flash.

Junior:/home/lisi# locate flash.7.0.so
Junior:/home/lisi# locate flash.70.so
Junior:/home/lisi# locate flash.7.so
Junior:/home/lisi#

I had already used every permutation I could think of with locate, find,
whereis and which.  To no avail.

I have already removed some files that I found before.

:-(

Thanks for the try.

Lisi