Re: Debian and EFIKA MX Smartbook

Hi,

thank you very much for your answers. Meanwhile I have the smartbook.
But before I play around, I would like to know better what will await me.

Am 05.03.2012 14:36, schrieb Dominique Dumont:
>> 1. The support of the armhf architecture starts with wheezy. But there
>> are no install images, except those on [3], right? When can one expect
>> them?
>
> I've tried  armhf-2GB_20111122.img.xz .

Would you please explain a bit more detailed what is this exactly? Is it
an installer or a live system or an already installed debian? If it is
an installed debian, which packages are installed?

>> 3. Did I understand it right, that for an installation of Debian, I just
>> need to write one of those images to a SD card, put this into the SD
>> card slot, turn the device on and drink some coffee?
>
> Yes.

Would you please tell, what happens step by step after starting the
device with the SD card inserted?

>> 3.1 After the installation, upgrading the system will work?
>
> Probably. Except for the kernel. The kernel must be compiled with the correct
> options to support the Efika board.

Which option would that be? Which kernel would be to use?

>> 4. If it should be not that easy, does the armel distribution of Debian
>> work on the device? I guess, then I have to compile the xorg-video-imx
>> driver by myself, right?
>
> And the kernel. and create the u-boot image

Would you please explain the creation of the u-boot image a bit more
detailed?

Thank you for your effort.
Robert