Re: ntp package. Client by default?

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 11:35:54 +0100, Alberto Fuentes wrote:

> On 06/03/12 17:50, Camaleón wrote:
>> In brief, I think the default is a very limited setup. Let's not be
>> paranoids :-)
>
> I dont think im being paranoid. I thought debian was about doing things
> right, no matter the time it takes... :)
>
> This is my follow-up to this topic:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=662770#20

Nobody think you're crazy ;-)

For instance, I wouldn't see any objection in splitting the package in
the same way sshd is (there is a "client" and a "server" part) and set
the desired configuration (as server or client) for each of them.

The problem I see here is that it seems that ntpd itself is designed
kinda in a "monolithic" way and to make it acting as "server" or "client"
is somehow fuzzy and the same goes for its default configuration settings.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón