Re: Bug in both update manager and in apt-get

On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 11:28:36 -0300, pierpaolo pilla wrote:

> Hi Camaleon
>
> Apologies for my late reply, I would expect for any reply to my original
> post to reach my mailbox, but it doesn't...

You had some replies :-?

> As I replied to Hugo, I have tried:
> "
> root@pier:/home/pier# apt-listbugs list mono-apache-server Reading
> package fields... Done
> Reading package status... Done
> Retrieving bug reports... Done
> Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done "
> It seems to work fine, but when I try to install the package I get the
> same error above...
>
> This seems to me that the problem is not in accessing the bug reports
> otherwise the apt-listbugs command would fail too. Right?

I don't know how "apt-listbugs" is involved here as you were updating
your system, right?

Can you please paste the output of?

apt-get update && apt-get -V upgrade

(say NO to the updater routine)

> I'll hopefully have a chance to try another ISP in a week's time or so,
> moving to my new flat (in Brasilia by the way) is taking longer than
> expected.
>
> Will keep you posted, thanks again.

In the meantime, you can also try by using a different repository.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón