Re: What's clobbering /etc/network/interfaces?

On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 07:53:05 +0800, Jason Heeris wrote:

> On 7 March 2012 01:55, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In addition to having a separate fat partition to store the data I
>> wanted to keep between reboots, I had to manually enable a "persist"
>> mode at GRUB's menu to keep some system settings (such as network and X
>
> Yes, there's a "persistent" option you need to pass to the initramfs,
> and this is just a case of passing "--bootappend-live 'persistent'" to
> lb config.

Okay. Then the next logical step would be booting with no network
connections attached (unplugged ethernet cable and wifi switch turned
off), make your desired editions to "/etc/network/interfaces" file,
reboot and see if the manually changes persist.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón