Re: Etch Lenny Squeeze upgrades and sysv-rc

On Lu, 05 mar 12, 12:29:30, Bonno Bloksma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if it is because several of my servers started out as
> Etch then got upgraded to Lenny end then to Squeeze, or if it is
> something in the Lenny to Squeeze upgrade but....
> c   libdevmapper1.02                                                                       - The Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace library

It looks like that package is pre-lenny (probably from etch), so you
missed the step about cleaning your system of obsolete packages before
starting the upgrade.

For the archives, 'aptitude purge ~o' will purge all packages that are
not present in any repositories you have configured.

Kind regards,
Andrei