Re: General unstability on wheezy (unstable repository)

On Sun, 2012-03-04 at 20:56 +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:59:03PM +0100, Abou Al Montacir wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> During the last few months I've been experiencing an increasing
> instability on my systems running wheezy. This used to be a good quality
> repository and good compromise between stability and new features for a
> desktop usage.

Please don't confuse "unstable" with buggy. In the Debian sense it means
"constantly changing", "moving state". Whereas stable means "not changing",
"known state".
I'm speaking about "testing" not "unstable". It used to be quite stable and works well for the last 5 years.
Now, it is unstable in the sense that there are many critical bugs that were introduced recently.
For me such regressions should remain in "sid" and not go into "testing".

Cheers,