Re: How do I suppress dpms mode setting messages on text console?

On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 13:33:14 -0500 (EST), Sven Joachim wrote:

> There is no text mode with nouveau.

There is no true, hardware-level text mode, that's correct.
However, Linux still has what are called, in everyday use,
"text consoles" (vt1-vt6).  I did explicitly state in my original
post that a frame buffer driver is being used.

> Add "quiet" to the kernel command line, this will suppress noise from
> other drivers as well.

Thanks for the tip.  I will consider trying this if I don't find a
more selective solution.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :