Re: OT: Copying a URL from a text browser (was: Re: text browsers)

> > > The only problem is the aggravating yahoo URLs that are very long--I just
> > > checked one that is 537 characters long.  So, far, with middle mouse
> > > button copying, I am not able to copy that from the one line display at
> > > the bottom of the screen.  (I suspect it can't be done.)
> >
> > I find that I can do it by just continuing to run the mouse over the link
> > with the left button depressed, until it comes to a halt against the
> > barrier of the end of the URL.

Have you tried, while in lynx, pressing "," or "."  ?
The first, "," presents a menu to use an external program on the
rendered web page.
The second, "." presents a menu to use an external program on the
highlighted link.
No copy/paste is required.
These functions can be edited in your lynx.cfg

hth