Re: [OT] munin

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> Brad Alexander wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me why these 5 nodes will not connect to the server
>> and refuses connections to localhost and ::1?
>
> For what it is worth I have exactly the same problem on Sid.  Works
> okay on Squeeze.  Broken on Sid.  Sid the munin-node doesn't bind to
> an IPv4 accessible address.

My problem is that there is no rhyme or reason to this. Statistically,
it seems to be across the board. I have 14 machines that I am trying
to get set up. Of those, 7 are physical machines and 8 are OpenVZ
containers. 9 are working, 5 are not. Here is what I am looking at
statistically:

Working:
lenny: 1
squeeze: 3
wheezy: 1
sid: 4

Non-working:
wheezy: 2
sid: 3

The versions in wheezy and sid are the same (1.4.6-3), the version in
squeeze is 1.4.5-3 and the version in lenny is 1.2.6-10~lenny2.

So since the problem seems to be so widespread, I'm guessing it has to
be something with the way the machine is configured...I have looked at
a lot of the usual suspects (logs, firewall, etc) but have come up
empty.

--b