Re: Readonly filesystem on boot

Johann Spies wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > If that didn't yield anything then I would boot into single user mode
> > and manually run each startup script up through mountall.sh and then
> > debug running that script to see what the problem is.  I usually debug
> > scripts by running them with 'sh -x scriptname' and looking at the
> > trace output.
>
> Thanks.  I will try that.

Johann and I exchanged some offlist email and I will report here to
provide feedback for the mailing list archive that in the /etc/init.d
script path Johann found problems local to his system.  This prevented
the package postinst scripts from functioning correctly breaking
package reinstalls.  Johann was able to correct them and was able to
resolve the problem.  Yay!  Fixed.

Bob