Re: OT: Copying a URL from a text browser (was: Re: text browsers)

Chris,

Thanks very much!  Another helpful idea.  One problem is noted below...

On Sunday 04 March 2012 05:45:22 am Chris Bannister wrote:
> Start lynx, press 'o'
> The options menu will appear.
> Press the 'down arrow' until you get to the 'User mode' option just
> under 'General Preferences'. (The novice option is probably displayed.)
> Press the 'Return key' and select the 'Advanced' option using the 'down
> arrow' key.
> Press 'Return' (Advanced should be displayed, instead of novice.)
>
> Now press the 'up arrow' until you get to the 'Save options to disk' check
> box. Press 'Return' (An 'X' will appear) then press the 'up arrow' until
> 'Accept Changes' is highlighted.
> Press 'Return'.
>
> You should now see the URL for a link displayed along the bottom of the
> screen.

The only problem is the aggravating yahoo URLs that are very long--I just
checked one that is 537 characters long.  So, far, with middle mouse button
copying, I am not able to copy that from the one line display at the bottom
of the screen.  (I suspect it can't be done.)

Randy Kramer