Re: [OT] munin

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 3:48 AM, Wolfgang Karall
<lists+debian-user@karall-edv.at> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> why's this OT? :)

Just because there are certain people on the list who are more
draconian about what is on and off topic. To them, there is a
difference between apps running *on* Debian and Debian itself. I
figured I'd play it safe. :)

> On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 11:01:07PM -0500, Brad Alexander wrote:
>> this is on both the working and non-working nodes. My network is not
>> running ipv6. In fact, net-pf-10 is commented out on all the hosts
>> that I have checked.
>
> IIRC, to actually disable IPv6 you need to actually uncomment the line,
> replacing the "ipv6" with "off", like
>
> alias net-pf-10 off

Ah. I figured if the net-pf-10 was commented out, it was taken out of play.

>> Can anyone tell me why these 5 nodes will not connect to the server
>> and refuses connections to localhost and ::1?
>
> What does
>
> grep ^allow /etc/munin/munin-node.conf
>
> produce on the machines?

The only one not commented out is

  allow ^192\.168\.4\.63$

Where 192.168.4.63 is the munin server.

Note that with the exception of the hostname in the host_name
directive, the config file is identical on all nodes, working and
non-working. Puppet is doing a variable substitution for the hostname
and pushing the file out to all nodes. The treatment is identical
everywhere, which is what is confusing me why these 5 don't work.

--b