Re: evolution segfaults except when run in gdb

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 20:06:55 +0100, Steven Post wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-03-03 at 17:23 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> If the last thing you can see before it crashes is the IMAP syncing
>> routine, have you tried to disable this account?
>
> After the first time I deleted all user information from my home dir
> (~/.localshare/evolution and ~/.gconf/apps/evolution) and only added my
> local mail spool (/var/mail), it still crashed with only that local
> account.

I don't know Evo enough to know where it stores the data for the accounts
but if you're sure they're under those directories and you removed all
their data, then fine.

>> > The thing is, this doesn't happen on other accounts on this desktop,
>> > re-installation doesn't work, and I already cleared all evolution
>> > related settings and mail inside my home directory. It then runs
>> > normally until I add an account, then it is back with the segfault.
>>
>> So the problem seems to be under your user's profile (have you tried to
>> reset/restore it?
>
> Yes, see above.

Well, I meant your _whole_ user desktop profile not just Evo's ;-),
specifically your GNOME settings.

>> What DE are you running?
>
> I'm running the testing distribution with gnome 3.2.

Okay, then could it be a recent update that broke Evo?

Review the list for the current open bugs (when it comes to Evo it uses
to be a long one :-P):

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=evolution;dist=unstable

>> ) or you're having problems
>> with a specific account settings (it happens when you add any type of
>> account -pop3, imap, local mailbox- or just crashes with one of them?).
>
> As soon as any account is added, it crashes. I haven't tried with pop3
> and some others, only with imap and local account.

Just in case, I would also try also with POP3.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón