Re: Desktop icons missing

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 13:16:39 -0800, Charles Krinke wrote:

> Ok. Well, I thought it would be interesting to update squeeze to wheezy,
> but it looks like wheezy is not ready enough for prime time.

I wonder what's your understanding of "primetime".

Testing is what its name indicates, a testing and rollover (at least
until it gets freezed) distribution that changes continuously. And to be
sincere, at this right moment is very usable.

> I will annoy myself with missing desktop icons for a while and then
> perhaps move back to squeeze if it does not find a resolution.

Are you still missing the icons in your desktop? Wow... sir, this has
been answered already.

> I thought testing for wheezy would move smoothly with this mailing list.

If you can't cope with your desktop icons maybe you should consider using
the stable branch.

> Perhaps the folks that change things like this in wheezy dont even read
> this list.

Or maybe is that you have to spend more time reading the list or
searching the web ;-). This topic is very recurrent (since a year or so)
and has been answered many, many, many times.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón