Re: Desktop icons missing

On 03/03/12 11:21 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 09:28:34 +0100, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

Camaleón wrote:

I can't recall if gnome-classic hides the icons over the desktop, I would
have expected they are visible to mimic the GNOME 2.x style. OTOH, the
top menu is still there and applets can be placed in the bar as usual,
but an extra "Alt" click is needed to enable the action.

On my Gnome classic desktop, the icons are there - they are handled by nautilus. A weird side effect: if you run Gnome screensaver while you are in another (Fluxbox, Openbox, IceWm) desktop, nautilus runs and puts the icons back on the desktop :)

The gnome-classical desktop comes in a very usual shape or at least
that's what I remember for the last wheezy installation I made a week ago.

  Mine looks like Gnome 2.

Greetings,

--
Cheers