Re: Changing processor

On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 10:55:55AM -0300, rcb wrote:
> Dear Debian users,
>

> (or will I need to reinstall things? Both processors are intel 64 bits,
> btw).
>

> Thanks for your help,
> Beco.
>
> PS. Disclaimer:
> * Sorry if this is the wrong list to ask such question
> * Forgive-me any misspelled word.

Change of processor / processor speed shouldn't matter much these days. What may matter is ethernet chips / graphics card chips.

Installing the free firmware packages first may sort everything out if there's missing firmware on the second board

The non-free firmware is there as a backstop: useful for things like Broadcom ethernet chips in some servers, for example.

AndyC