Re: printing dead slow since squeeze

Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> writes:

> * Rick Thomas [2012-03-03 02:22:09 -0500] wrote:
>
>> You can purge them all by doing
>>
>>     sudo aptitude -Pv purge $(aptitude search '~c' -F '%p')
>
> You can do just:
>
>     sudo aptitude -Pv purge '~c'

I tried both to be sure :-)

It did suppress files from the old cups install, but that didn't change
the slowness. I even restarted cups and the printer, deleted it from
cups and recreated it so I'm sure that it uses the latest ppd.

By the way, when I create it in cups, there are two ppds with the exact
same description. Is this normal ?

Also, there is a difference if I print a pdf or a ps file. With the pdf,
it prints the first 3 pages, then a very long pause (the printer has
time to go back to «ready»), then pages one at a time with a long pause
between each. I converted the file to ps with pdftops, and that ps file
is faster to print. It starts faster, still makes pauses, but much
shorter, and pages come in lots of 3 or 4.

Thanks for your help,
--
Rémi