Re: Re(3): TOP {LEFT,RIGHT} HALF BRACKETs

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 13:53:00 -0800, Peter Easthope wrote:

> I don't see any way to give Icedove the References and In-reply-to
> fields for the
> header but they are here.

?

Icedove can cope with that automatically.

> All fonts in the system where Iceweasel displays the upper half brackets
> are listed here.
>    http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/SqueezeFonts
>
> All fonts in the system where Firefox lacks the upper half brackets are
> listed here.
>    http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/XoFonts
>
> The difference between the two lists is here.
>    http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/diffFonts

So you are running the browsers in two different systems, right? In one
system works and fails in the other.

> With present understanding I have two cases.
>
> (1) If there is a way to identify the font which Iceweasel uses to
> display an upper half bracket, then I need only install that font on the
> Xo system.

(...)

Yes, open this page with Iceweasel (it requires flash player):

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/font/fontlist.htm?text=%E2%B8%A2+-+Unicode+Character+%27TOP+LEFT+HALF+BRACKET%27+%28U%2B2E22%29

There it will be listed the fonts on your system that have support for that
unicode character, the ones that render the character properly.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón