Re: Postgresql-8.1 Removal Problems

On Wednesday 29 February 2012 16:50:26 debian-user-digest-
request@lists.debian.org wrote:

> >> How did you remove it? apt-get, aptitude, dpkg, synaptic...
> >
> > apt-get / dpkg -r/ dpkg -P
> > I do not use aptitude
>
> And what's the full output for that commands?
~$ sudo dpkg -P postgresql-8.1
(Reading database ... 546325 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing postgresql-8.1 ...
find: `/usr/share/postgresql/8.1/tsearch_data': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing postgresql-8.1 (--purge):
 subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
update-rc.d: warning: postgresql-8.1 stop runlevel arguments (0 1 6) do not
match LSB Default-Stop values (S 0 1 6)
 postgresql-8.1

Note that the "find: error is new.
I have the init.d script doing nothing. The daemon is not running.

> You can also give aptitude a chance, sometimes it renders very useful
> when dealing with broken packages or conflictive situations. At least it
> uses to be more verbose.

Also show error, no so verbose in its UI.