Re: CUPS and Brother HL-5340D dual whammy

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:05:08 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:

> After a recent sid dist-upgrade, I'm having problems printing.
>
> The CUPS test page prints a border with this text only:
>
> Brother HL-5340D Series
> 3010.106 5
> -88807824
>
> That is using the 5240 driver.

If the printer also supports PCL5/6, you can also try with the generic
driver.

> I tried a couple other Brother HL-* drivers, but no success.
>
> Now, I've got a PPD file for HL-5340D,

You got it from here, right?

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/download_prn.html#HL-5340D

> but when I try to select it I get this error:
>
>     unable to copy interface script: no such file or directory
>
> Any ideas what I can do with this?

You can try to install the PPD by following Brother instructions (step 4),
that is, manually, and then proceed as usual:

Install a ppd file
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/instruction_prn1c.html

Greetings,

--