Open bug in Kino

There is a long standing bug in the version of Kino which shipes with
Debian Squeeze.

Kino seg faults and dies when creating video segment in FX tab
Bug #567588. It was reported first in 2010. And google is full of
complaints from frustated users who have upgraded from lenny (where it
was working fine) to sqeeze.

I have found out what the problem is. It's very simple. The binary i386
deb version 1.3.4-1+b1 that is distributed with sqeeze is broken.

The source packet is ok!!

So the problem can be fixed by getting the source and rebuild the
packet.

I have filed two bug reports AND emailed the maintainer about the issue,
but that guy must to be dead, since I haven't heard a single word from
him.

So I have put an inofficial deb online, if you're to lazy to build it
yourself from source, just get the packet and intall it over the broken
version. It's at www.friedhelms.net/debian/kino .

Regards Friedhelm