Re: Free movies on the Internet -- download scams

On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 11:16 +1100, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> Lot's of, um, people searching for free lunches means lots of people
> falling into traps.

+1

An advice to the OP and everybody who download videos for free by
torrent.

In my hometown Oberhausen Rheinland Germany the judges don't care about,
if somebody else did "download" [1] videos and music for free via your
protected account. If somebody was able to hack your protection it's
your fault.

There are no legal free downloads available for licensed videos and
music. The German GEMA for example sues kindergartens for singing
children songs in public. If you sing a song in public or if you upload
a video by torrent, while downloading it, take care that the music and
video are for free, e.g. that they're under a license like the creative
commons.

Regards,
Ralf

[1] Happens to a clueless person I know. I suspect regarding to the
"download" this person is mistaken. I guess the person had to pay much
money, because somebody else did upload, when doing a download.