Re: TOP {LEFT,RIGHT} HALF BRACKETs; was Re (2): Box-drawing characters.

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 17:07:20 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 08:44:23 -0800, peasthope wrote:

(...)

>> This system has the characters but
>> peter@dalton:~$ fc-list | grep Suppl
>> peter@dalton:~$ fc-list | grep Punct
>> peter@dalton:~$
>> is no help.  Perusing the whole output of fc-list is no improvement.
>
> See the above link. There's a list of fonts that seem to have support
> for the said unicode characters. You can grab more information for other
> unicode characters from that same site, for instance:
>
> http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2E22/browsertest.htm
>
> Mmm, I have tried with DejaVu Sans inside OOo Writer and it does not
> work, it renders a square symbol :-?

Okay, it seems the DejaVu TTF font I have installed does not have the
full extended unicode map included.

"Everson Mono" renders "top-left-half-bracket" (u+2e22) fine, but it's
shareware. You'll have to make your own findings for a suitable font :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón