Re: Looking for advice from the linux gods...

On 2/20/2012 5:16 AM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

/snip/

My brother tested Adobe Photoshop CS3 (or was that CS4?) in VirtualBox with a Core 2 Duo E8400, 2 GB RAM (of which 1,5 GB allocated to the virtual machine) and some capable nVidia card (with the proprietary driver). He was quite impressed (no significant overhead added) and the conclusion was that with more RAM even the host system would be usable at the same time. Other than that I subscribe to Allan's recommendation. Did you consider completely replacing the setup with (Debian) GNU/Linux? There are some POS softwares and most of them also run under Windows. Also, Photoshop and Pagemaker might be replaceable by Gimp and Inkscape. Kind regards, Andrei
Someone who has already bought and paid for Photoshop would be a fool to scrap it for anything else, so long as it runs!

--doug