Re: How to share the Internet with Linux and an iPad by Wi-Fi?

> Connection name: Wireless connection 1
>         [x] Connect automatically
>         [x] Available to all users
>         Tab "Wireless"
>         SSID: oz
>         Mode: Ad-hoc
>         Band: Automatic
>         (Channel: default)
>         BSSID:
>         Device MAC address:
>         Cloned MAC adresse:
>         MTU: automatic
>         Tab "IPv4 Settings"
>         Method: Shared to other computers
>         (Adress:
>         Netmask:
>         Gateway:
>         DNS servers:
>         Search domains:
>         DHCP client ID:)
>         [x] Require IPv4 addressing for this connection to complete
>         (Nothing edited for "Routes...")
>         Nothing edited for tab "IPv6 Settings"
>         Tab "Wireless security"
>         Security: WE 128-bit Passphrase
>         Key: 1234567890

I figured out that the key 1234567890 is the Password I need to type
using the iPad, nm shows "Wireless connection Last used now". Regarding
to http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/assistant/wifi/#section_1 I don't
have to set any Proxy settings on the iPad. Anyway, the iPad get no
access to the Internet. While the wireless connection is reconnecting
again and again and again, managed by nm, I need to run sudo poff -a and
sudo pon dsl-provider again and again and again. Using nm to do the
PPPoE connection doesn't work. Isn't there any howto for Debian and/or
Ubuntu?

Regards,
Ralf