Re: creating (thumbnail) images *of* (not for) web pages

Claudius Hubig <nfs_2012@chubig.net> writes:

> Hello lee,
>
> lee <lee@songoku.yagibdah.de> wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>is there a Debian package with software that helps in creating
>>(thumbnail) images *of* (not for) web pages?
>
> However, googling (you did google, didn’t you?) brought me there:

Yes, I did --- and I had found the page you´re pointing me to:

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/125951/command-line-program-to-create-website-screenshots-on-linux

I didn´t try it for when the page you want to turn into an image doesn´t
fit onto the screen because the page is too long or too wide, your image
will show only the part of the webpage which happens to be displayed on
the screen rather than the whole page: It would be like taking a
screenshot, which I could do without the complication ...

However, I´ve found cutycap, and that seems to do the job nicely :)