Re: Software-upgrades not installable due to APT-misconfiguration ?

On Mi, 01 feb 12, 06:55:44, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 01/02/12 04:58, Lisi wrote:
> > On Monday 30 January 2012 11:44:04 Andreas Gläser wrote:
> >> News reached me already, that all user 'must' upgrade from 3.1. to 3.2., as
> >> this is going the new Ubuntu-longterm-supported kernel.
> >> So I suppose, Squeeze is oing to come with a 3.2.x kernel, too.
> >
> > ???
> >
> > Sorry, I can't follow this at all.   Why do other distros have to upgrade to
> > Ubuntu's long term support kernel??

It's just a supposition by Andreas, the Debian announcement says:

"Debian, Ubuntu and others will work upstream on a 3.2.y longterm
series of bug fixes."

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/01/msg00012.html

Kind regards,
Andrei