Re: Cusp finally working BUT something missing PARTLY SOLVED

On 01/31/2012 12:28 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 18:30:15 -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:

On 01/30/2012 11:28 AM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

Print/Options Print Selections is still missing

You can download Firefox from upstream and check from there. If the
missing option ("print selected") is present here, then try using a new
profile with Iceweasel. If still no luck, you can consider in opening a
bug report at Debian BTS.

The Print Selection is also missing in the nightly build of FireFox and
Aurora.

So it seems to NOT be an iceweasel problem but something else.  Now to
find out what that something is.

Isn't linux fun!

Thanks again Camaleon

Wow... if the upstream firefox also lacks for that printing option I
don't even know where to look at (fluxbox, firefox...) :-?

Have you considered in opening a bug report in Firefox's bugzilla? Maybe
they can point you to the right direction.

Prior to the following tests i tried both icewm and blackbox.
The problem, (no Print Selection option available) remains.

I have just completed a test of the following:

Stable running iceweasel 3.5.16  Print Selection available YES
Testing (upgraded from squeeze 6.0.3)  iceweasel 8.0-3b1  NO
Testing-2 9 (from Debian testing Cut)  iceweasel 8.0-3b1  NO
Sid ( from upgraded debian-6.0.3/wheezt/sid) iceweasel 9.0.1-1  NO
Wheezy/Sid (from upgraded debian-6.0.3/)  iceweasel 9.0.1-1  NO

Mozilla firefox  iceweasel 9.0.1-1  NO
Mozilla Aurora  iceweasel 9.0.1  NO

Note: I could not test printing on Stable due to the cup fixes for a USB to Parallel adapter are in Wheezy and Sid. I did not check backports for the required files.

It seems that the problem is upstream Mozilla code, not Debian.

Hope this get fixed sooner or later but I am not holding my breath as,
according to a Google search, this problem has been reported since 2008.

Wayne