Re: Wireless connection not working

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:47:30 -0430, Gustavo J Mata wrote:

> Hi,  I have installed Debian 6.03 in a Dell Inspiron 700m. My wireless
> connection is not working.
>
> I'm using the WCID network manager under the LXDE desktop manager. (I
> have 500 Mb of memory and 5.5 GB o disk space).
>
> My Linksys router is configured to use WAP 2 Personal security.
>
> Any hints?

Yes... what kind of wireless adapter does your computer use? Maybe you
need to install a closed firmware to get the card working :-?

http://wiki.debian.org/WiFi

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

--

 I know when I install xfce it uses wicd as well and I need to remove it and install gnome-networkmanager to get my wireless working. WICD does not even see my wireless network.  So figured it was a bug and I have the same router and same security configuration as you. So that would be my fix remove wicd and install network-manager.

--
Mister Jones