Re: Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop overheating on Debian 6.0.1, Linux 3.2.3, low CPU usage, radeon GPU driver

Good time of the day, Stefan.

You worte:

>Do you have any idea where else should I ask my question for higher
>chances of obtaining an answer?

No. May to try to contact manufacturer?

>Simply put, the problem is that my Dell Inspiron N5010 (15R) is
>overheating on Linux with very low CPU usage, but does not present any
>issues on Windows.
>I've tried utilities like dellfand and i8kfan for controlling the
>fans, but they both claim
>that I have only one fan and that it's already at highest speed (not
>sure if I have more
>than one fan, or if the heating up is caused by the CPU or the GPU).

I scarcely know how things are going regarding Your question -
including mine systems. So, all I can add to my previous
words/experience w/ the problem is to try w/ the services that are
running on my Inspiron seems regarding the matter (I am not sure what
everything bellow does, but You can investigate farther or play w/ it)
it started w/ for my run level:

acpi-fakekey

fancontrol

acpid

acpi-support

apmd

loadcpufreq

cpufrequtils

I hope it should work for You - if other earlier mentioned modules have
been loaded - as it works for me.

Sthu.