Re: second display

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:26:22 +1100, Pastor ALexander wrote:

(please, no html... thanks)

> I am lost on the site,
> installing to my laptop the 42inch sharp tv screen comes up in 1024
> instead of 1360 pclinuxos and mint dont have this problem. I like debian
> much better but this is irritating everything else on debian i found
> better than on any other distro. all other problems have been solved by
> the exellent wiki

You can use "xrandr" (command line tool) to add the new screen resolution
in the event is has not been automatically detected by your system.

Xrandr is a very powerful tool that allows you to make funny things with
your screen (better if you are using an open source VGA driver, such as
intel, nouveau or radeon) though is not easy to deal with.

Debian wiki has a page for it:

http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/HowToRandR12

But you will have more information and specific command line examples by
Googling around. For instance, I found this article very useful ("Adding
undetected resolutions"):

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolution

Greetings,

--