Re: second display

On Ma, 31 ian 12, 21:26:22, Pastor ALexander wrote:

> I am lost on the site,
> installing to my laptop the 42inch sharp tv screen comes up in 1024
> instead of 1360
> pclinuxos and mint dont have this problem.
> I like debian much better but this is irritating
> everything else on debian i found better than on any other distro. all
> other problems have been solved by the exellent wiki

I'm not familiar with any other distro, but I suspect it is due to the
fact that Debian uses free (as in freedom) graphics drivers by default
and some of them still have issues with auto-detection. Please post more
information about your graphics card, like the output of

lspci -nn | grep VGA

and attach your Xorg log (the file /var/log/Xorg.0.log)

Kind regards,
Andrei