Re: Capslock mystery - Recent phenomena concerning keyboard

Curt wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Can you try this with the keyboard plugged in directly *without* the
> > KVM switch.  I suspect the KVM switch is the problem.  Especially if
> > you are using a USB keyboard switch.
>
> Remember, the keyboard weighs 10 pounds!

I believe that was simply an exaggeration.  :-)

By the way...  The IBM Model M keyboard is an example of one of the
finest keyboards ever made.  Unicomp bought the rights to continue
making that same keyboard.  By all reports they are excellent.

KVM switches on the other hand often cause trouble.  Especially USB
versions.  The USB spec is terrible and every vendor implements it
slightly differently.  So whether something works or not is usually
based upon the combination of items plugged in together.

Bob