Re: Software-upgrades not installable due to APT-misconfiguration ?

On 31/01/12 02:34, Andreas Glaeser wrote:
> First I had some problems with gmane finding the my thread, the I tried to reply through
> gmane, but now I found that my answer was not there, although the system told me, that
> sending seems to have been done correctly.
> When I think of it now this must be the most insecure thing ever, as only my name and
> e-mail address were required, and no authentication at all took place, except some
> pseudo-captcha. Do you really rely on people not to abuse this hole ? Or does it just
> look like a security hole to me in review ?

Gmane has nothing to do with Debian. Likewise Google Groups, New
Generation and various other self-appointed "gateways".

Consider subscribing to the debian mailing lists directly instead of
using an unassociated third party.  Gmane offers no advantages over
directly subscribing to the list, and all the disadvantages.

Dealing directly with the lists will, amongst other benefits, prevent
this breaking of threads that makes it harder for everyone.

> Installing 'linux-source-3.2' and building it worked just fine, it is running just fine
> now, too, useless to say, that there was no configuration necessary prior to building the
> kernel-package, all the settings were already made.
> Configuration-files cleaned now, 'aptitude update' issued, but still:
> andreas@osrdii:~$ apt-show-versions -u
> nfs-common/squeeze-backports upgradeable from 1:1.2.2-4squeeze2 to 1:1.2.4-1~bpo60+1
> xserver-xephyr/squeeze-backports upgradeable from 2:1.7.7-14 to 2:1.10.4-1~bpo60+1
> xserver-xorg-core/squeeze-backports upgradeable from 2:1.7.7-14 to 2:1.10.4-1~bpo60+1
> andreas@osrdii:~$ apt-cache policy nfs-common
> nfs-common:

<snipped>

What do you get from:-
# apt-get -sf install

>From your previous post:-

Consider pinning Debian Multimedia below Squeeze eg:-
Package: *
Pin: release o=Debian,a=stable,n=squeeze,l=Debian
Pin-Priority: 700

Package: *
Pin: release v=6.0,o=Unofficial Multimedia
Packages,a=stable,n=squeeze,l=Unof
ficial Multimedia Packages
Pin-Priority: 200

That way you'll only get from Multimedia what you can't get from the
Main Debian repositories - and suffer less problems.

Cheers

NOTE: new update available for Debian Buttons
(New button for querying Debian Developer Package):-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/debian-buttons/