Re: Accented Characters - How to type from standard keyboard?

On 2012-01-30, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I try to use tab completion and it fails it has always been because of
> some typo I had made.

Have you ever tried tab completion with a wildcard, which is the case in
hand?

I created a directory with an accented character in it and
attempted to remove it with globbing.

I found that tab completion doesn't work under these (laboratory)
conditions.

"Laboratory" in the sense of "scientific experimentation."  Not to be
confused with lavatory.

Now another "solution" to the problem would be to run the gpm daemon.
That way the op could just cut and paste the offending directory names
(or accented characters) at the console.

By the way, what's a standard keyboard?  Is that a well-defined thing?
Is it Ammurukin?  I have a modifier key on my keyboard (AltGR), if
that's the correct term, that, in conjunction with other regular keys,
allows me to type accented characters. Does a standard keyboard have a
modifier key?  Does the op have a modifier key? If so, why doesn't he use
the modifier key to type his accented characters?