Re: Squeeze 6.0.3 -> 6.0.4 broke my Xorg

On 30 January 2012 22:56, Ramon Hofer <ramonhofer@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:35:25 +1100, Alex Hutton wrote:
>
>> I'm running a dual monitor setup with fglrx.
>>
>> I have upgraded from Squeeze 6.0.3 to 6.0.4 and after reboot I only have
>> a one monitor desktop.
>>
>> I am wondering if anyone could tell me where my old xorg.conf went to?
>>
>> And is there a way to configure apt so that upgrades stop clobbering my
>> xorg.conf?
>
> I'm running a dual screen setup with my laptop and Squeeze too. But I
> didn't have any problems after updating.
>
> Usually I get asked what I want to do when there are new config files.
> Did you update with the yes option or something like this?
>

> Best regards
> Ramon

Thanks  everyone for the reply.

I must apologise... it appears the cord was loose. It's funny that
when a monitor is not plugged in during Xorg's startup, it goes to
single desktop rather than starting a dual setup and allowing the
mouse to pass off one screen and into a blank area.

Now it appears in my panic I've done something to the config file
because now even after I restored what I thought was the working
backup I'm only getting one screen (but this time it's the other
screen).

Oh well :) ... I'll  sort it out when I have the time.