Re: Software-upgrades not installable due to APT-misconfiguration ?

[Please reply instead of writing new messages, it makes it easier to
follow]

On Lu, 30 ian 12, 07:14:19, Andreas Glaeser wrote:

[...]

You don't have lenny-backports in your sources.list and the
corresponding pin is not needed anymore (not even for
squeeze-backports), please remove it.

> The testing distribution is in my sources.list only to get updates for the current
> testing-kernel. Only two minor dependencies were pulled in when installing it.

Backports has 3.2, which according to
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/01/msg00012.html is
going to be the next stable kernel ;)

First I would suggest you install 3.2 from backports, reboot to use it
and then remove any trace of testing/wheezy from your system
(apt-show-versions is good for this, or aptitude if you know the search
patterns). Also remove the pin and the sources.list entry.

If your system still won't upgrade cleanly after this please post
'apt-cache policy' output for each of the packages to be upgraded.

BTW, it helps a lot if you keep output formating. If you mail client
pretends to know better you can output to a file and attach it instea:

$ apt-cache policy foo > foo.policy # and attach foo.policy

Hope this helps,
Andrei